The 2nd in a 3 part FinOps Foundation series on Rate Optimization across clouds called “Do you have reservations about commitments?” After the AWS Savings Plan session last month, we are diving into Google Committed Use Discounts and BigQuery reservations this month! Azure RIs will be next.
Session Abstract – Oct 8 @ 9am Pacific
Join us in this session as we dive deep on how to achieve Rate Optimization on Google Cloud. We will specifically touch upon how Google Cloud Committed Use Discounts along with BigQuery reservation help you optimize the rate you pay for using Compute and BigQuery respectively. OpenX will share protips on applying it at scale and lessons learned as the team became more comfortable and efficient over time.
- Intro to GCP Committed Use Discounts
- Learnings and Stories from CUD, SUD and Pre-Emptible usage
- Analysis of optimal CUD levels at scale
- Data tooling and strategies for optimization
- Unit economic tracking
- Pathik Sharma (Google) works in Google Cloud Professional Services, focusing on proactively guiding enterprise customers to operate effectively and efficiently in the cloud. He loves helping customers to maximize their business value by optimizing their cloud spend.
- Scott Snell (OpenX) is a GCP Cost Management Specialist for OpenX. He has over 20 years of internet related business experience in a variety of areas including product management, sales operations, online marketing, software engineering and workflow automation and has co-authored a number of search technology and other patents. He received his undergraduate degree from UCLA and an MBA/MA degree from UT Austin
- Scott Meyer (Spotify) – Sr Cloud Utilization Analyst at Spotify. Experienced in cloud cost optimization, capacity planning, cloud architecture, and economics. I am currently focusing on cloud cost utilization and optimization initiatives at Spotify. Compute instance strategy, managing Committed Use Discounts (Reserved Instances on AWS), Kubernetes container migrations, scaling, rightsizing and storage reductions/re-tiering.
- Matt Finlayson (ActivTrak)– SVP Engineering at ActivTrak.
FinOps Foundation members will automatically receive an invitation to the call. Not yet a member? You can click the button below to learn more…