We’re kicking off the year with a sneak peek at our findings from the soon-to-launch State of FinOps 2021 report. The report launches on February 3rd, 2021, but we’d like to start chatting about early findings with our community.
Last year (seems like so long ago doesn’t it?), we kicked off our State of FinOps survey. Over 750 practitioners representing $30B of cloud spend filled it out since then (and the number is growing!), answering all kinds of questions from challenges faced, how your teams adopt and grow FinOps practices, tooling, and more. We couldn’t help but take a look at the data a bit early to see what kind of great insights could be found.
Join us for a sneak peek during the next Member Call
On January 26, 2021, we’ll preview some of the big insights. They include:
- Top challenges faced by FinOps practitioners
- Size and growth of FinOps teams
- Reporting structure and affiliation of the teams
- The most important KPIs tracked and targets
- How to get engineers to take action
- Tooling and platform use between native, 3rd party and homegrown
- How many of you see FinOps as a career path
- Average maturity of practitioners (in years) and their practice (by stage)
- Which clouds are used and which platforms support them
- What is being automated and how often
Last we checked, people are signing up for the event left and right. RSVP as soon as you can.
Why are we running this survey and creating the report?
It’s no surprise that FinOps is here to stay for every growing organization that relies on scaling cloud spending. However, the practice won’t grow itself. By conducting this survey and learning more about the challenges and opportunities that FinOps practitioners have, the better we can create educational and informative content to help our community.
With our data-driven report and insights, we’ll walk through upcoming 2021 FinOps Foundation initiatives, including:
- What the Foundation is doing in 2021 to address needs
- Best practice themes for coming months with open member discussion calls
- How the FinOps Framework will provide a roadmap for success
Join us for the first member call of the year
To ensure we serve our global community, I’ll run a session at 9am Pacific / 12pm Eastern / 5pm UK. There will also be a session led by Mike Fuller at 10:30am Sydney time.
This session is for members only, so if you need to sign up for the FinOps Foundation, do so here. If you’re already a member and have questions, let us know in the #general channel on Slack. We look forward to seeing everyone.
And remember– keep breaking down those silos.