The FinOps Foundation Governing Board (GB) is responsible for marketing and other business oversight and budget decisions for the FinOps Foundation (F2). The GB does not make technical decisions for the F2, other than working with the Technical Advisory Council to set the overall scope for F2.
The governance of the Technical Project is as set forth in the charter for the Technical Project. The Directed Fund supports the Technical Project. The Directed Fund operates under the guidance of the Governing Board of the Directed Fund (the “Governing Board”) and The Linux Foundation (the “LF”) as may be consistent with The Linux Foundation’s tax-exempt status.
The Governing Board will also have an Outreach Committee and other working groups, councils, committees and similar bodies (collectively, “Committees”) that may be established by the Governing Board. These committees report to the Governing Board.
The Governing Board voting members will consist of:
- Individuals that are FinOps practitioners (not associated with cloud vendors)
- The chair of the technical advisory council (the TAC)
- One representative appointed by each Premier Member
- Elected General Member representatives (one seat for for every 10 members)
- The Executive Director (non-voting seat)
The GB currently consists of these representatives:
- Mike Fuller, Principal Systems Engineer at Atlassian (founding member director)
- Jason Fuller, Head of Cloud Management & Operations at HERE Technologies (founding member director)
- Ashley Hromatko, Pearson Education (member director, chair of the Education committee)
- Joseph Daly, Nationwide (member director, chair of the FinOps Adoption committee)
- J.R. Storment, Ex-Co-Founder of Cloudability (executive director of the program, non-voting)
- David Van Hoven, HERE Technologies (board secretary)