The newly formed Technical Advisory Council (TAC) will provide technical guidance, approve which open source projects the Foundation pursues, accept feedback from the practitioner community and codify best practice for cloud financial management. The Technical Advisory Council operates under the following Technical Charter (Github link). TAC outputs are committed into an open source ecosystem to become standardized best practices for FinOps and Cloud Financial Management.
The TAC will be committed to working in the open on GitHub: https://github.com/finopsfoundation/
- What is the FinOps definition for the industry?
- What is the open sourced curriculum of the FinOps trainings and certifications?
- What qualifies a platform to be “FinOps Certified Platform”?
- What qualifies a service provider to be “FinOps Certified Service Provider”?
- What KPIs are used to measure quality and success in Cloud Financial Management?
- What skills do teams need to hire into FinOps roles? What are example jobs descriptions?
- Managing the FinOps Landscape: https://github.com/finopsfoundation/finops-landscape
The initial TAC members include:
- Mike Fuller, Principal Systems Engineer for FinOps at Atlassian (TAC Chairperson)
- Eugene Khvostov, VP of Product & Engineering at Apptio (former AWS Insights)
- John McLoughlin, Director of Product Management for CloudHealth by VMware
- Matt Leonard, Product Management lead for Google Compute Cloud (former AWS/Microsoft)
- Ashley Hromatko, Sr. Mgr FinOps at Pearson
- Joseph Daly, Director of Cloud Optimization at Nationwide
The TAC’s charter requires a combination of additional appointed and elected members and end-user practitioners to be added in the coming months. The TAC will hold meetings in the open.