The Technical Advisory Council (the “TAC”) is responsible for all technical oversight of the open source projects of the FinOps Foundation. The Technical Advisory Council operates under the following Technical Charter (Github link). TAC outputs are committed into an open source ecosystem to become standardized best practices for FinOps and Cloud Financial Management.
The TAC will be committed to working in the open on GitHub: https://github.com/finopsfoundation/tac
- What is the FinOps definition for the industry? https://github.com/finopsfoundation/definition
- What is the open sourced curriculum of the FinOps trainings and certifications?
- What qualifies a platform to be “FinOps Certified Platform”?
- What qualifies a service provider to be “FinOps Certified Service Provider”?
- What KPIs are used to measure quality and success in Cloud Financial Management?
- What skills do teams need to hire into FinOps roles? What are example jobs descriptions?
- Managing the FinOps Landscape: https://github.com/finopsfoundation/finops-landscape
The TAC will be bootstrapped in the coming months and hold meetings in the open!