FinOps Certified Practitioner
The FinOps Certified Practitioner course allows individuals in a large variety of cloud, finance and technology roles to validate their FinOps knowledge and enhance their professional credibility. The certification covers FinOps fundamentals and an overview of key concepts in each of the three sections of the FinOps lifecycle: Inform, Optimize and Operate.
Practitioner Certification Exam
If you are ready, take the FinOps Certified Practitioner exam and get your certification.
Move at your own speed and utilize the community for any support.
Instructor Led Courses
Learn direct from an expert with instructor led training over 2 days.
Who should get FinOps Certified
The certification is designed for those who plan to hold a position on a FinOps team or support FinOps or cloud financial management, or if you support FinOps teams as consultants, vendors, or trainers. You will develop an understanding of FinOps, its practice areas, and how it’s applied to enhance business value from cloud spend.
Organizations undergoing a public cloud-first strategy or who are in the midst of a public cloud migration will also benefit greatly.
You should consider this course if you are any of the following:
- Cloud Budget Owner
- FinOps practitioner, such as a FinOps Analyst, Director of Cloud Optimization, Manager of Cloud Operations or Cloud Cost Optimization Data Analyst
- Principal Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect, Service Delivery Manager, Engineering Manager or Director of Platform Engineering, Senior Enterprise Architect (EA) or EA Leader
- Finance and Procurement team member, including Technology Procurement Manager, Global Technology Procurement, Manager Cloud Cost Optimization, Financial Planning and Analyst Manager, and Financial Business Advisor
- IT Program and Portfolio Management Leader
- Technology leader, such as a Head of Infrastructure, Head of Cloud Center of Excellence, CTO or CIO
- Head of IT Finance (CFO of IT, VP/Dir. IT finance) or FP&A professional supporting cloud
Training and Certification Options
FinOps Certified Practitioner Certification Exam – $300
An exam can be purchased to attempt the certification through the Linux Foundation. Note: the exam does not include any study materials or guides.
- Exam format: 60 minutes. The exam can be taken available online at your convenience
- Based on the FinOps Certified Practitioner curriculum domain and competencies
- Upon successful exam completion (score of 70%), a verified FinOps Certified Practitioner badge and certificate of completion for your LinkedIn issued by the Linux Foundation
- Exam-only path is only recommended for those with considerable real world FinOps expertise who also have deep knowledge of the FinOps lifecycle as laid out in the Cloud FinOps book by O’Reilly.
- No study or prep materials come with the exam purchase
Self-Paced Online Course – $499
- Instructor-led video recordings of the complete course (approximately 6 hours of video)
- 12 Months of Access to Online Course materials
- Digital access to instructor led training course slides
- Complete speaker notes and takeaways from the instructor deck for each slide
- Instructions to access 7 day access to digital version of the Cloud FinOps book via O’Reilly
- Student Handbook PDF with learning outcomes to prepare for the exam
- Includes an exam code to take the FinOps Certified Practitioner exam at the Linux Foundation ($300 value)
Instructor Led Live Training – $890
- Live (virtual) 2 day instructor-led workshop (10 hrs total)
- Lead instructor is a real-world practicing FinOps leader in their organization
- Interactivity: The course features a number of group discussion and live activities using Zoom Breakout Rooms to ensure interactivity. Please come prepared to share your knowledge and ask questions.
- Size: Classes are limited with multiple breakouts sessions that are highly interactive with a lead instructor and 1-2 facilitators
- An exam code to take the FinOps Certified Practitioner exam at the Linux Foundation, with free retake option
- Includes all the digital, video and course materials in the self-paced course for study or review ($499 value)
Find Live Events
Practitioners who take public FinOps Certification courses always describe how valuable it is meeting and interacting with peers outside of their organization. Because of the value this community interaction provides, we highly recommend that practitioners certify using the self-paced or public courses. If you have specific requirements or volume of attendees that would require a private course, please contact us and we’ll be happy to connect you with one of our FinOps Certified Training Partners.