Membership to the FinOps Foundation has many advantages, including access to the exclusive community of FinOps leaders and practitioners with their wealth of experience and knowledge. Members also gain early access to events, content and research published by the FinOps Foundation and also have the ability to submit content to be published on the Foundation network.
To be considered for membership you are required to be working in organizations with greater than $5M in overall IT budget and be in or work in one of the primary roles in FinOps: 1) Executive/Senior IT roles, 2) Executive/Senior Finance roles, 3) Cloud financial or business analysts or 4) Cloud engineering or architecture related role, etc. We recognize that many titles do FinOps so if you’re unsure please submit a short note with your application explaining how your job relates to FinOps. Those in a a sales, marketing, or business development role aren’t currently eligible for membership, nor are Cloud or FinOps vendors.
To be considered for charter membership, you’ll need to have demonstrated thought leadership in FinOps via public speaking, writing or publishing. Please share examples in the comments field. Members who don’t qualify for charter status may still qualify for general membership.
- All Community member benefits plus
- Eligibility (i.e., you are not required nor guaranteed) to participate in one or more of the following:
- Speaking (keynote or panel) at CloudyCon the FinOps Conference, regional summits, or other events
- Ability to be a featured FinOps expert on FinOps.org
- Eligibility to contribute to the O’Reilly FinOps book
- If selected, eligibility to join the FinOps Foundation board
- Leading or participating in a FinOps workgroup or local interest group
- Serving as a public reference for the FinOps Foundation
- Providing input and feedback on FinOps.org Council standards
- Access to the Charter member Slack
- Early access to research and standards
- Monthly FinOps resource newsletter
- Access to the private FinOps LinkedIn group
- Eligibility to attend CloudyCon the FinOps Conference, Workgroups and Meetups
- A FinOps Foundation membership badge to put on your website or LinkedIn