Community collaboration is at the heart of the Foundation, why not create the initial content for this page so others can benefit and build onto it?
This capability is about establishing a cloud front door process to onboard brownfield and greenfield applications through financial viability and technical feasibility assessment criteria.
Information used that contributes to the measure(s) of success listed above are organized across the following categories:
|Cost Efficiency||- Infrastructure cost
- Support cost
- Migration / implementation cost
|Resiliency||- Service quality
- Security posture
- Operational stability
|Velocity||- Developer productivity
- Release frequency
- Business agility
|Innovation||- Return on innovation
- Employee experience
- Customer satisfaction
|Sustainability||- Carbon footprint
- Power usage effectiveness
- Circular economy
a collection of real world examples, stories and “how to” for this Capability; based on FinOps community member experiences; information here may:
- apply to one or more cloud providers
- include specific types of cloud services used) (compute, storage, database, etc…)
- describe a combination of tooling, platform or vendor
- describe the industry the organization belongs to
- describe the complexity of the organization (global, enterprise, etc…)
- include the FinOps personas involved and any other organizational roles
Reference of cloud cost management platforms, tooling and service providers related to this Capability coming soon.
Reference of courses and training partners related to this Capability coming soon.
Get involved and contribute to the community by sharing your real world experiences related to this Capability in the form of a story or providing a playbook for how you have implemented best practices in your organization. Your real world experiences can be provided in the context of:
- one or more cloud providers
- the types of cloud services used (compute, storage, database, etc…)
- describe a combination of tooling, platform or vendor, and processes including KPIs
- the industry the organization belongs to
- the complexity of the organization (global enterprise, start-up, etc…)
- the FinOps personas involved / organizational roles
Join the conversation about this Capability in Slack . You can submit stories, how-tos and suggest improvements using one of the options for contributing here.